THIS IS A SEGMENT CALLED 5 FANDOM FRIDAY. EACH FRIDAY THERE WILL BE A TOP 5 LIST OF SOMETHING FANDOM RELATED. TO LEARN MORE, VISIT THIS LINK.
This weeks topic is: Conventions I Wish To Attend
1. New York Comic Con. I put this one first on the list because as soon as tickets are available I am planning on purchasing a couple and attending NYCC this year! It will be my first MAJOR con and I couldn’t be more excited. I can’t believe I’ve never attended before seeing as the venue is only about a six hour drive from my house.
2. San Diego Comic Con. I really want to go. It’s unfortunate that it’s such a hassle to get tickets though. I’m so happy that they are taking a strong initiative against scalpers but because I don’t have a bunch of people working together to get tickets I doubt I’ll ever be able to attend. Hey, a girl can hope!
3. D23 Expo. In case you didn’t already know, I’m quite the Disnerd. I’d be so excited to attend and immerse myself in everything mousekerrific! This con takes place in Anaheim, California and I’ve always wanted to go to Los Angeles! I could take a little vacation and travel the hour to LA, it would really be the perfect trip.
4. VidCon. Yet another Con I’d like to attend at the Anaheim Convention Center! As someone who wants to work in media management this would not only be a great place to network and learn valuable skills but I’d get to do meet in greets with some of my favorite internetainers and youtubers! Win-Win!
5. London Comic Con. London. Do I need to say more? I mean… I’ve been to London once but I was stuck on a tour bus most of the time. I am glad I got to see all the amazing monuments that I had always wanted to see but I really would have liked to do more exploring on my own. I can’t think of a better time than during a Con!
Honorable Mention: PortCon. I chose to make PortCon an honorable mention because this is the most extensive con in the state of Maine. I’ve been before but nothing beats a hometown con and while they’ve grown substantially in the last few years PortCon still gives off that vibe! I can’t wait to go again!