THIS IS A SEGMENT CALLED 5 FANDOM FRIDAY. EACH FRIDAY THERE WILL BE A TOP 5 LIST OF SOMETHING FANDOM RELATED. TO LEARN MORE VISIT THIS LINK.
This weeks topic is 5 Characters that deserve a Spin-Off Series or Movie
Other people are doing just comic book heroes but as always we are encouraged to edit the topic as we see fit and I thought it would be interesting to do a mixture of all characters.
1. The Mad Hatter. This would be a great character to expand on for a variety of reasons. He is a fan favorite and interesting to just about anyone. There are many different versions of him and It would be a blast to develop a back story for him and even more fun to watch unfold. What could happen to make someone as mad as a hatter?
2. Lady Sif. Independent, determined, and willful, Lady Sif makes a great female role model. I am happy to see her play a prevalent role in the Thor movies. I think she deserves her own movie but I’d prefer to see her in a TV series. Who wouldn’t like to see some Asgardian action regularly.
3. Rumpelstiltskin. I know Once Upon a Time isn’t everybody’s cup of tea but I happen to enjoy it. Rumple is easily one of the most interesting and developed characters on the show. I’d love to see a spin-off web or mini series just for him. Based off the graphic novel perhaps?
4. Oswald Cobblepot (Penguin). Now I’ll be the first to admit that there have been more than a few times I was disappointed with the first season of Gotham. Robin Lord Taylor and his depiction of Penguin kept me watching because he continuously adds depth to every scene he is in. Now I’m hooked. I have high hopes for next season. This would be another character that would do well in a mini or web series.
5. Chip. Beauty and the Beast is one of my all time favorite Disney films. I think seeing the story from Chips point of view would be interesting. A set up like Lion King 1.5 would be perfect. We’d also get a chance to see Mrs. Potts dealing with the day-to-day struggles in the castle and more of Lumiere and Cogsworths shenanigans.
Honorable Mention: Black Widow and Hawkeye. All the other Avengers have solo movies and I would have liked to see Black Widow and Hawkeye each have one before Civil War. I know it won’t happen and that is a shame.
Thanks for reading my 5 Fandom Friday! Who would be on your list? Feel free to leave a comment below or on my fan page.